Sunday, September 17, 2006

Me and My Brother , Scout!!I can tell you this right now, she is going to be an incredible bird dog, the best one I ever had. She runs through the woods with her nose working like a Hover vacuum.
She quarters beautifully, has about a 20 yard range, always checks back in with me, is like a rock on point, backs naturally, listens and obeys like a dream.
When I shoot the first bird over her, I am certain she will be an excellent retriever.
I have to pinch myself when I think this will be her first year.

All I can tell you Susan is, Ally is incredible. I think next year I am going to enter her in some hunting field trials. Field trials are not something that really interest me but I think I have to show the world I have a world class bird dog, she deserves it.
Then, we will get some publicity on rescue dogs as hunting dogs.

Opening day is Friday and she is as ready as I can get her.
It will be a fun autumn in the field. In November, we are going to N. Dakota for a week of pheasant and sharptail hunting.
I can't wait to see how she does on pheasants.

Thanks again Susan. I O U big time.
Brian

No comments: