Friday, April 14, 2006

Hi Susan,
Ally is really doing well. She has adjusted quickly. The first day she did not eat too much but now when I put her food down she cleans it up. I feed her just a tad less than a cup, twice a day. Plus her training bits she gets.

As you know, she comes when called in the house very well. Outside I had her on a 25' cable and she was pretty wild and did not listen at all. Tonight she started her electronic training and she has really caught on quickly. Today we were outside for 2 hours and in the second hour, she was on her own. When I called come, she came flying back.

You were right about the lowest setting is all it would take for her to obey. After her training session, I had her running around with Scout and she really paid attention to Scout when he came on command.
I think she is a very smart girl and will train quickly. I want to be able to let her run free when I am outside with her soon, with my complete trust. I am a little bit nervous because I know not too long ago she was a stray and I never want that to happen again.

Everyone who has met her thinks she is beautiful and she loves everyone! When I look at her, I see my first dog Patches and when I see her personality, I see my beautiful girl that passed away last spring, Maggie.

Sometimes when I look at her, the hair on my neck stands up because I think I am seeing my two old dogs in a beautiful young pup.

Scout loves her beyond my wildest dream. With Scout being the alpha male, I was concerned he might be a little bit rough on her. Wrong, I think it is the other way around! I cannot believe how physical she gets with Scout and he loves every minuet of it.

Ranger is still warming up to her.













They sleep side by side and respect each other, but Ally does not trust him enough yet to get nose to nose and wag tails.

That is the way it was with Scout when they first met Ranger, but they are buddies now. Ally is much farther along in the friendship stage then Scout was in the same time period.

The only problem Ally has created for me so far is in my bed. Have you ever tried to sleep with 3 dogs in a double bed? It is all I can do to keep from falling out!

She is a beautiful girl and has exceeded my expectations!

Hope all is going well with you and your new pup.
Brian

No comments: